Teton County Weed and Pest District
Join us as we work together for the future of all of the residents and visitors to our beautiful area.
Teton County Weed and Pest Control District is a legally organized Weed and Pest District by Wyoming State Statutes (W.S. 11-5-101 through 119). The District, established by the Wyoming State Legislature in 1973, consists of a locally appointed government board charged with implementing and pursuing an effective program for the control of designated and declared weeds and pests.
- Weed of the Month: Canada ThistleCanada thistle can be a real pain in our side—literally and figuratively! Sometimes you’ll feel it before you even see it. Canada thistle is difficult to control and quite unpleasant to the touch. Even if you’re wearing thick jeans, the long, sharp thistles of this plant can penetrate through clothing, leaving a stinging sensation.
- Mikenna just finished her second master’s degreeThis summer was yet another season jam packed with intense efforts from our full-time staff. One person who had quite the extraordinary summer is … Continue reading Mikenna just finished her second master’s degree
- Weed of the Month: Baby’s BreathAugust was prime wedding season here in Jackson. Between May and October, Teton County sees numerous destination weddings, elopements, and other special occasions. While … Continue reading Weed of the Month: Baby’s Breath
- Weed of the Month: Leafy SpurgeLeafy Spurge has small, inconspicuous, and almost neon colored yellowish-green flowers enclosed in a heart-shaped leaf. Its additional leaves are long and narrow. Although … Continue reading Weed of the Month: Leafy Spurge
- Protect our Water Resources and Become a Trout Friendly Lawn AllyOur behaviors impact the ecosystem around us—and landscaping is no different. Thankfully, there are many local businesses in our county that seek to protect … Continue reading Protect our Water Resources and Become a Trout Friendly Lawn Ally
- 23rd Annual Gros Ventre River Spray Days 2022Over three days, partners with the Jackson Hole Weed Management Association (JHWMA) collaborate on an invasive weed project across the Gros Ventre River corridor. … Continue reading 23rd Annual Gros Ventre River Spray Days 2022